Monday, October 8, 2012

i'm still here

Yes, I am still here, and still blogging.  Quick week wrap up...California allergies suck and my parents were visiting last week.  I have the most wonderful parents in the world.  Not only did they stock us up on wine, help cook, buy us a floor lamp and all our other groceries, they reminded me why I should be proud of myself.
We ate together every night, went into the city a couple times to meet friends, went to the farmers market, and drank a wee bit of the wine they brought us. We had an amazing dinner with some friends, Greg and Jelena on Saturday night.  As soon as we walked in the door we were welcomed with vodka and appetizers (smoked salmon and caviar).  It was such a wonderful evening, and I hope it can be a reoccurring event.  I almost feel like Greg and Jelena have taken boyfriend and I under their wing.  They are always telling us about great things to do, see, and eat in the area. We are so lucky to have them as friends out here. Not to mention, they have the sweetest, most beautiful, and most well behaved baby in the world.  Granted, I have never really been around babies, so I probably don't know much, but Miss Olivia is like pure joy.  The dinner Jelena made was absolutely amazing, and I am hoping she will translate the recipe for me!


It was  such a wonderful week, and I think I would like it if my parents lived closer... Thanks again Mom and Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment